Monday, 25 May 2015

Effortless Road

The long concrete path stretched out in front of us. Almost welcoming us to keep moving forward, even past the end of the beginning just to keep us stationary in side of our bubble.
Something so unnatural as concrete seemed to curve and accent the natural scenery becoming a part of each swell of air being breathed in and then curving the opposite direction to the outwards breathe. It kept going forward but felt as though the wheels were forced on a track constantly circulating on the same spot while the scenery kept moving past us like the end of a cheesy 1950s romance movie.
It was actually so easy to just sit and keep following the curves, I didn't want it to stop.
Why?
Because the further the road stretched the further I moved away from the old life. The one where the road would not stretch but contract forcing the world onto my shoulders in one heavy heap causing all air to fall from my lungs in one magnificent breathe.
But here, right now, it was as if we floated along the yellow lines passing the escarpment again and again breathing in the same air, in-out together, at once.
It no longer stung the inside of my throat to breath in because of the venom being spewed from his mouth. Because he wasn't there anymore. It was never going to be him. My road with him was not finished and never would be completed. All efforts ceased. The lines never painted and if they were they were jagged. Bruised from rubble and painfully faded. This road was one that moved up and down, never really becoming calm. If it ever did it was a placebo. It was just the build up and then you reach the top.... sailing through the air until it hits you forcing you down to the ground gasping for air because the wind blew through you like you were nothing but a sad particle.
It was one of those situations that were always good on the way down. The pain would heal and the heart would mend creating another blind net for him to grab and tear apart.
Thats not what this is though. It never has. There has never been anything wrong with this. Maybe a few chips and dents from the years of travelling. But the scenery never really got old. It just kept getting better really. The fields would get greener, skies bluer, and road longer.
The road has never been something I have embraced. It has been something I have aimlessly been travelling trying to see if I could pave back over it from its most recent travel. But there has never really been any hope... until now. Realizing I needed the right people to hold my hand and pave over it with there fresh paint.
So here I go hand in hand, scrapping away the rubble, starting over again travelling this road day in day out creating a new life, a new thought process, new memories. Happiness has never been something I could find easily. I have had to work hard and try to escape my thoughts day in day out. Creating a world in which pain was something impossible to come by. The day I can wake up and be in that world, the one with the road. I think I could easily stop and stay.
I could finally find the end.
I could sleep effortlessly.
I could smile effortlessly.
I could be effortlessly.
The road is effortless and thats why its full of love and happiness.
Because something as effortless as the road requires no thought, but just being
Being effortless.








Originally Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment