Monday, 18 February 2013

Most Memorable Moment

Today's the day. It's late, the time is moving closer. The butterflies in my stomach have turned into bees, becoming angrier and more agitated the longer they have to wait. Waiting, time seems to go by slower the longer you wait, almost as if time itself is intentionally stopping to make you wait longer and feel this. Feel the pounding in your stomach the beating of your heart in sync. You begin to wonder do I have two hearts? What is this beating in my stomach, and before you have time to figure out what exactly it is or calm it down, you find yourself being called front and center and it all comes rushing to you.
Four years. Four very long years I entered high school excited to rewrite myself. Tabula Rosa; clean slate. This was it for me. The year progressed, and my inspiration came to me. From a single performance from one person I received my inspiration. The reaction and pure join he seemed to get out of it made me want to be him, do what he was doing. Almost slouched over his curvaceous Yamaha, he was breathing and exhaling passion, perfection, and a smooth almost untouchable sound.
I wanted this, I wanted to stand there performing and loving every moment of it.
Now here I am standing, knees quivering that strange pulsating in my stomach telling me to stop, to not go. I stepped forward everyone standing there looking. Staring, wondering, who was I?
It didn't matter. Nothing matter. Prepare myself, left hand on top, right hand on the bottom. Key: A, B, D, E, F#, F, G. I was ready.
My heart and stomach pounding I let out the first note an E, nice and smooth and find myself head down, slightly slouched over my curvaceous Yamaha feeling the music flow through my veins and out my fingers. Just feel it, you are no longer a student you are a musician. You know.
My heart raging, I let go, bursting with sound, I can barely hear the full bodied screams coming from the audience.... wait what audience.
Head down, almost done.
The track ends, I'm not done. Play strong. The last tone comes out, an A and I look up..... I look up.
The third story of the stair case, totally packed with bodies, second story shoulder to shoulder, all around me on the ground floor, no way to get out just bodies.
Overwhelmed I can feel the tears streaming out of my eyes, looking for a familiar face, she is right there, cross legged on the floor jumping up.... my sister. Beaming, smiling. I stumble over to her hugging her, otherwise I would've fallen over.
That was it, I did it.
Head up, the pounding was gone and now left with this raw adrenaline.
Four years ago I dreamed of this day, and now I have lived it.



Most Memorable Moment: Doing what I do best, jamming from the soul and never wanting to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment