Im lying in bed and my heart is pounding through my chest. I can't settle my mind or focus on one thought at a time.
Why?
Because tomorrow my sister is moving in to her residence and embark on her journey into her two year diploma. I'm proud of her and excited as well as nervous.
Residence for wasn't an overall great experience for me. Partially because I had undiagnosed issues within myself, as well as the fact that I am a bit of an introvert.
But for my sister I'm sure she will be fine and live every moment to the fullest unlike myself in my first year.
Post-secondary is scary.... its a time from transitioning from a system that holds your hand all the way through to a system that takes your money from you and says good luck. University and College can steal from you only if you let it. My mom has always said, if you are paying for your education raise your hand and ask questions because you have to get your money's worth. I have been going by that little tid bit of information for years now and it has successfully worked for me.
For all those embarking on this new adventure this week or next week, I refuse to which you good luck... because luck is not what you need. I would like to congratulate you for making it to this new adventure in your life and I hope you juice every little experience you can out of it otherwise you have definitely not gotten you money's worth.
First year is a time to learn what is like to live alone, only because there is a minor safety net available especially for those who have never lived alone. The great thing about first year is the sheer number of new people you meet. I hope all you do in this year is introduce yourself to others and start a new healthy life style.
I hope you work hard and play hard and always remember your family is back here supporting you and waiting for you to tell all the amazing and weird stories you will have.
I hope you call me every week with some sort of a question, story or just a moment of checking in to make sure I know you are doing ok and handling everything well.
I hope you gain some confidence in yourself through this education and realize you are as smart as everyone says you are.
I hope you stop thinking that you are a failure in everything you do, because although you have done so many things you been successful in every single thing you tried.
I hope you learn how to love and respect yourself and continue to share your infinite life experiences with people who are going through the same things you did.
I hope you not curse the all nighted you pull to finish essays, assignments, and study session, but lear from them.... and actually laugh about how unique the experience is.
I hope you remember who you are, and remember like all the experiences in your life that this is just a small stepping stone to your final destination.
I hope
I hope
I hope
Enjoy this year because it will be so much fun and so different from everything you have experienced in you full and interesting life.
Originally Patience
You have so much to be proud of.... you have one hell of a story to tell and I think people need to hear it. You are respected by so many people just because of your attitude towards living and she continue to share that mind set with others. I'm proud of you! And even though you are still a train ride away from me, I am going to miss you so much more just because I know how easily first year can consume you. I love you and cannot wait to hear about all of it!!!!
xxooxxoo
No comments:
Post a Comment