Monday, 1 August 2011

Who am i: Day Fifty

Hello! My week of insane across Canada traveling is over. I am sad but, pleased it is over. I liked going to different places each day but, I began to miss my bed and it is very tiring. LOL! Yes having amazing, once in a life time experiences is tiring. I feel like my horizons have expanded since this trip. I've seen and done things, I would never expect myself to do. I am very proud of myself, and happy. I'm afraid saying I am happy. Happiness tends to stay within you temporarily. Then when it leaves, you are left with a burning hole inside of you. I'm afraid that this happiness will leave me. I can feel it leaving me, trickling out of every pore. Each step I took coming closer to home, I could feel the same feeling I had before the trip coming back. I was hoping this trip would clear my mind, and it has. I just feel like that feeling is leaving me faster than i every imagined.
So let me just lay out the iterniery of this last week. So, Friday July 22nd 2011 I left to Toronto, Ontario, where I stayed at my Dad's preparing for my white water rafting trip. The next day we spent it preparing for the 4 and a half our trip up to Pemproke, Ontario the next day. I went to the library (L-I-B-R-A-R-Y not  L-I-B-E-R-R-Y -.- seriously) and took out some books. I had a good night sleep that night only to be woken by my giant of a father at 7:30 AM. You gotta love your parent's unbelievable wake up calls. Sunday July 24th 2011, we set off for our journey to the border of Ontario and Quebec (Pembroke,... felt like I need to over exagerate :p). The ride there was long and uncomfortable but, I do have to say I couldn't believe the scenery up there. Just rolling hills, everywhere you looked. I have never seen this side of Ontario so, I was extreamly surprised. I felt like I was being re-introduced to a song I had heard a long time ago, only remebering bits and pieces. Then, once you remeber you get these clips of events that happened while you were listening to the song. You end up viewing the song in a completely different way, not as a song you listened to when you were little but, a piece of your past, a bridge that led you to remebering the good times. It's a brilliant feeling really. On, the way up to Pembroke, we stopped off at Bancroft, Ontario, This is where my Popa lives. It was a sad day really because it was the last day he was going to be in the house that brought him to Canada. Yes, he sold his house. It was extreamly hard for him and my father. It was hard for me aswell because there aare so many memories in that tinnie house in the middle of nowhere. I loved that house and all of the things that happened in it. Toboganing at midnight, canoeing, making a treehouse unsucessfully, the out house. So many memories. That's the thing about moving on, you have to be strong enough to leave behind the beggining of these lovely memories, only to begin new ones, ones that will stick to to you like the old memories did. They arn't coming in to replace the old but, to accompany them, make them look better than they originally did. From, Bancroft we left the tinnie home and continued our journey to Pembroke. I began to get extreamly excited. I was going to white water raft within the next few hours. When we finally got the motel, no one was there except for us (stepmom, me, sister, dad). We checked in and chilled for a little bit. Eventually the rest of the crew arrived (aunt, uncle, friend of aunt, third cousin, both of my cousins, and my cousin's girlfriend), after being baked in the golden rays of the sun at sand banks (my home away from home). We sat and had kebabs and talked. Eventually we all went to bed around 12:00AM Monday, July 25th 2011, and awoken by my dad at 7:30AM. We all went to timmies for breakfast and went down for white water rafting. It was so much fun. No one fell out of the raft, and we all got back safely. I'd just like to say white water rafting is the best summer activity to do with your family. Personally, I think every family should at one point get together and white water raft. You all connect and bond with one another. A few hours after we reached dry land we whizzed of with an extra person in the truck, my third cousin. We drove back to Toronto, for one good nights sleep, only to be awoken early again on Tuesday July 26th 2011, to go to Niagra falls. We travelled for another 3 hours (all together we have travelled around 11 hours). We got to Niagra falls and had an awesome night of bumper cars and laughs. I also went on a water slide that gave me an ultimate wegie, and watched two girls with full make-up walk into a wave pool and get angry at a 8 year old for splashing them... princesses -.-  The next day, Wednesday July 27th 2011 we began to drive back home. We planned out that my sister, cousin, and I would take the GO train up to Oshawa, Ontario where we would spend the rest of our week but, there was an emergency. My Uncle began to have heart problems. His heart beat was going up, and wasn't coming down. So, instead we went back to Toronto, picked up the rest of our stuff, jumped back in the truck, and drove up to Oshawa to support my Aunt, and make sure my Uncle was okay. After another hour and a half of  driving (elapsed time of driving so far 15.5 hours) we got to the hospital. My Uncle's heart rate wasn't going down, so they temporarily stop his heart, when he was clinically dead they rebotted his heart, and sent him on his way. Yes that is exactly what happened. I know... why would they just let him leave, I have no idea. Shocking. So, all was fine so, my dad dropped us off at my Aunt's and Uncle's where we stayed for one day. Then on, Thursday July 28th 2011, we travelled to our nation's capital Ottawa, Canada. It was my first time ever being there, so I was amazed at how small the city was, and how magnificent the parilment buildings were. We went to this really cool resturant called The Works, where I had a hamburger with maceroni and cheese on it, and a coke out of a measuring cup. It was an awesome experience. I stayed at my cousin's appartment, that night. Friday July 29th 2011, I went on a helicopter ride. I can't explain, how amazing it was. You'd look down and wouldn't have a clue how high up you are . I mean you think you are pretty close to the ground, it's not until you look down, that everything looks Polly Pocket sized, that you fully understand the hieght of the copter. I'd also like to point out that every in Quebec has a pool. I mean you'd look down and every backyard had one. Weird. I also say this amazing light show on parliament. I'll put a link in the blog. I can't explain it because it was just so amazing... just wow. It really did make me proud to be Canadian. By, Sunday we were home from Ottawa (elapsed time of driving 24 hours). We stayed at my aunt's house for a night then came home. And that's it, everything was over.
You know that feeling you get when you are driving away from a resort or the cottage? The feeling of just relaxation? You sit in the car and watch the sceneray just going by, wishing you could go back and stay a little longer. That's the feeling I got driving back to Brampton. Ontario. But, I had this other feeling of wanting to go home, and chill in my bed, see my mom and step dad, breath the Brampton air.
So here I am, Tuesday July August 2nd 2011 12:05AM. I am currently blogging to you, thinking about my vaction. And you know what? All I can think about is within a week I have been to one end of Ontario to the other, I have been in two places at once, and seen more than I would've ever seen in a life time. I feel like I want to cry, and laugh. Laugh at the fact that I've driven 24 hours, cry about it is over and I am back here... in Brampton. I'm home,.. I'm here, just me in my room, in a massive country. Wow.
Originally, Patience






Thing to do today, find that song that makes you re-visit your past. This one reminds me of the time just before my parent's divorce. The first time I listened to it around 4, 5 years after the divorce, tones of memories flodded my brain of everthing that was happening during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment